Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Me outrun will time"

What is meant by 'to be'?
That is the question we ask you and me
Sometimes at least though
For instance when writing a poem like so
Questions like this pop up every day in our minds
About our life and of our time
Mandatory they are not
But escape them we cannot
Sometimes these questions can halp us
- And sometimes we ruin ourselves when reflecting too much

Time is running out
Well at least for you and me
The sun will rise tomorrow they shout
A saying that should help me through the day
But when reflecting over it, it hurts me in some ways
Knowing that i will have a last sunrise
- And a last sunset

Time is nothing my eye can see
Yet my body proves this is actually happening when I stare at me
The reflection in the mirror is forever transforming
And only soon enough, I feel, I will no longer look like a human being
- At least not as I would like to see myself

As young I felt time was never going to end
I felt as if THE time would never be mine
That I could outrun time
Though as I get older I fear the never-ending world
I know that some day, like the sunflower, I will have to bend to the darkness
- Someday time will outrun me

Jeanett

1 comment:

  1. Nice work with couplets (rhyme) and rhythm - this could probably be rapped.

    I like that your text is long enough to let you try out various similes and still has a strongly self-reflective I that insists on thinking. Good work.

    ReplyDelete