Sunday, September 13, 2009

anything I have, have I anything


In this world today

With expectations and high hopes

I am afraid to betray

And not pull my weight in “society’s” ropes


I do not understand the craving

or how our values are in constant change

How our world keeps on evolving

into new standards which might be out of our range



Can we keep up with these changes

without changing ourselves too much?

I fear that we are digging deep trenches

and that we are loosing our personal touch



Many people forget these things

In their fight to achieve the “perfect” life

They need material things to feel like kings

They forget what is really important to die and still have felt alive



So, Have I anything?

My answer is always fortunately yes

Because my values mean everything

My values are love, family and a life without stress


1 comment:

  1. Nice effort - rhymes quite interestingly most of the time. Positive 'message' - is this meant as a song, rather than a poem?

    A few language problems:

    "Betray" - Danism - literal translation of 'svigte'; "craving" seems to have been used exclusively for the sake of the rhyme; "loosing", of course, should be "losing"

    ReplyDelete