Sunday, September 13, 2009

Empty world

Writing game session one

Empty world

…Emptiness of canvases...
is all I see in this world
canvases of emptiness
with no love and affection left
I am standing in an empty world
looking at an empty world
People walking around as hollow shells with empty hearts
the ugly face of the world we have come to know
Oh this empty world

People passing by without glimpses of happiness
Emptiness is all I see in their eyes
pictures of hatred and evil is repressed
only empty canvases left
reminding me of a world changing
leaving hollow hearts and only the memory of what used to be
Oh this empty world

The world we called home has gone
left us with no clue
blinded by the reality of change
Endless wondering of what we left
trying to go back
hold down by the knowledge of “now”
Oh this empty world

Canvases I am trying to fill out
leaving me clueless
“Where are we?” “Where am I?”
screaming without sound
talking without words
looking for something that is gone
time passing by
Oh this empty world

Canvases filled out by love and affection
faintly reminding us
we choose what to see
fighting emptiness with desire to change
Memories float within our souls
After all this is
a wonderful world

Solvej

1 comment:

  1. A good poem, insisting on the feeling evoked by the seed phrase. I think it's a little harder to believe in the 'happy' alternative proposed by the last stanza. The metaphot of canvas for life is often used and a little kliché'd, but works for your text.

    ReplyDelete