Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hills Like White Elephants writing game 4 (manual)

The Ernest Hemingway Set: Hills Like White Elephants
Some assembly required

Carefully open 1.1( The Hills across the valley of the Ebro were long and white)Add 1.1--> 1.2 (The American and the girl with him sat at a table in the shade, outside the building (building = 2.0)
Apply A (What should we drink?) --> B (Let's drink beer!) Add A, B --> Aa (Yes. Two big ones.) Place 1.3 (1.3= girl) --> the hills. Attach A, B, Aa, 1.3 --> Ba (They look like white elephants) --> Add Ab ( Anis Del Toro ((Anis del Toro =2.1)). It's a drink) and Bb (We want two Anis Del Toro.) Add Ab( Everything tastes like licorice. Especially all the things you've waited so long for, like absinthe.)--> 1.3. Add Bc (Well, let's try and have a fine time)-->2.2 (American=2.2) Add Bd (It's really an awfully simple operation, Jig) and Be(I know you would not mind it, Jig. It's really not anything. it's just to let the air in.)-->2.2 Insert Ac (and you think then we'll be all right and happy?) and Ad (Then I'll do it. Beacuse I don't care about me)-->1.3 Apply Bf (Come back in the shade. You mustn't feel that way.)-->2.2, + Ae (I don't feel any way. I just know things)-->1.3. Attach 1.4 (The train comes in five mintutes) --> 2.2, 3.1Ba, Ab, Ac. Add Q.1 (Do you feel better?) -->2.2 and Q.2 (I feel fine. There's nothing wrong with me. I feel fine)-->1.3. Combine Q.1 --> Q.2.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choice of genre!! I feel almost as moved as when I try to make an Ikea cupboard out of ill-fitting plywood and too few screws... (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not get this at all when I first read it. But it's a nice idea. And well written in this weird genre. :)

    ReplyDelete