Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rewrite on Hills Like White Elephant

May 15th

Today is the a desaster to me, I felt I'm like a murder and my life is ruined.I just came back from Span with Jack, the man I love with all my heart and soul. Oh span, such a romantic place, but to me it's hell, for I killed two lives there, one is a baby and the other is mine owe life. But Jack, oh he seemed so relifed when I finished the operation. I felt terrified and extremely low, and somehow I felt I will lose him.

Just when we were waiting for the train, we sat in a pub and had some beers. That was the worst moment for me, it's just like millions of ants were in your stomach, they crawl and bite, oh it hurts so much. No one in the entire world knows how painful I am, but what can I do, oh I have to do this,for Jack for the poor relationship. Jack repeated to tell me it's ok it's no big deal just a small operation, oh for god sake, it's a life and a life I have been looking forward for so long, how could he say it's a piece of cake?

Now it's over and so does my love, I have to face that he will leave me sooner or later, I know that, oh I know that, but what can I do what can I do. I am such a young naive and stupid woman and I ruined my life with my owe hands.....

2 comments:

  1. I think you capture well her feeling that their love is over, but I am not sure Hemingway's girl would think of herself in such victim language as in the ending of your story. I think she has hardened herself against those ideas (and by doing that she loses a lot of her youthful happiness, as you also point out)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likw how you make her feel so much pain and remorse over what she has done in the end. Good job.

    ReplyDelete