Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The choices I must make

Writing game 4
Response to Hills like White Elephants
Genre: Poetry

The choices I must make

I sit before the beaded curtain here
Wondering what is going to be next
The decision I must make is so near
I want to do the things that is the best
The best could be what I want in my heart
The best could be what my love wants for us
To my heart his choice feels like a black dart
But I have to do what he wants, I must
We sit and drink waiting for the grey train
I want to be like we were in the past
I look out the window down the long lane
This grey train is the ending of the last
I have made up my mind and my love wins
This choice is going to make my heart bend
By: Cinthea L. Comer

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a genius, it's excellent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, this is a good voicing of what the girl character in the story might be thinking. It may be me, but I think she has come beyond 'love' for him, as she says pretty strongly that things between them are ruined...

    I like the 'black dart'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your way of getting the meaning through in your poem. I really think that you convey her point of view and her thoughts. I also like that even though it is a poem it seems like you have out much more into it than just it having to be a poem. It seems as though you really picked the right genre... Good job

    ReplyDelete