Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The hills like white elephants (4)

I feel alone in the world
I feel lost in my own thoughts
I feel scared by the shared life inside
All alone

I feel like wondering of to the land of the elephants
I feel secure when I am covered by the hills
I feel empty inside apart from the moving life
All alone

I feel like I am part if the white sky
I feel weightless without this burden
I feel connected to the white elephants in the horizon
All alone

I feel floating and confused
I feel drawn to the white sky
I feel calmed by the hand of the sky
All alone

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that was awesome. It is really cool how the "I feel" captures the confusing feeling that one must assume the girl in the story is feeling.Furthermore, the "All alone" is a nice way to further depict how alone she really is in making her decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good study in empathy with the girl. I like how the poem subtly includes an interpretation of the elephant image of the story - good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'feel' that comes of with the poem as an entity. You really captured the confused stage one might feel at a new beginning like this.

    ReplyDelete