Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Financial Poker Gambling Becomes Legal


That morning I got up and poured myself a bowl of Kellog’s Cornflakes for breakfast with milk from the refrigerator. But after one bite I felt more like McDonald’s. I left the bowl of cereal and put on my Max Factor lipstick, cherry flavoured. I flashed my Mona Lisa smile in the mirror; I was ready for the day. I suddenly remembered something about Abraham Lincoln from yesterday at school, which made me forget to brush my teeth. Unfortunately I didn’t notice this until noon, where I was made aware that my breath smelled like a combination of spring onion, red onion and sweet potatoes. My friend told me this, after we talked about our day off yesterday:

- I had a terrific day off yesterday. I did absolutely nothing. Often it’s like you have to do so much that you scurry all over the place.
- I had a great day yesterday too, with Disney movies, on VHS.
- You have a VHS?
- Yeah.
- I have the Lion King, but I never watch it because it’s on VHS.
- I saw that one yesterday!


Thinking back on the Lion King, made me want to go into the nature. Therefore I decided to take a walk to the park, where I spotted a sparrow and an owl flying overhead in opposite directions. I even heard the cry of a seagull, which was weird because there was no sea in miles. I found a bench and pulled out my book, Harry Potter and the Ballet Shoes, which I had bought at Bog & idé in Vestbjerg. I thought it sounded funny but turns out it was a knockoff.
I really wanted to sit on the grass but the sign said ‘Don’t Step on the Grass!’ it could just as easily have said ‘No Parking!’ because my ass is just as big as Venus, which made me sad, and to think twice about the McDonald’s.
It was really hot outside, like being in an oven or maybe a really big toaster. I started looking for a restaurant where they would have frozen yoghurt to get something to cool down on. I thought it would best to have some non-fat frozen yoghurt, considering my large behind.
I asked a woman passing by with her child, who made ‘ga ga ga’ noises, where the nearest health restaurant was:

- Excuse me, where’s the nearest healthy restaurant?
- Just around the corner, but you should know that it’s a No Smoking restaurant.
- Thank you very much. Bye.

- Bye.

Before I entered the restaurant I made sure I had my Magnum 47 hidden in my purse, just in case the emergency exit was nowhere around, because you never know in this crazy poker gambling world.


Made by Solvej & Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Fun effort - I like the ditzy narrator who is not quite right in the head. I'm not so sure this qualifies as travel writing, since she doesn't do much more than stroll in the park... Some of the ingredients are still a bit too visible to feel natural. The Mona Lisa smile is brilliant, but the unmotivated sea gull is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the title is not properly integrated at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She goes from home, to the park and then to a restaurant. Not a lot of travel, but it's there.
    We at least felt the last paragraph where the title is intergrated was the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A city walk - maybe not really travel to exotic and foreing climes...

    I also likes the last paragraph, but still the last phrase startled me, which I took as a sign that it wasn't all that integrated.

    ReplyDelete