Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Sermon

Writing Game 4
Text for revision: R.P. for QuarksDaily Blog-post
Genre: Sermon

Scene: A young male preacher addresses the audience at a Evangelic concert, U.S.
--
I will preach as if I were never to preach again!
Let us start out with a prayer to the lord, and I would ask for you to pray, pray for the woman by your side or the man close to you.

*deliver short prayer, ending with an amen*

Women! There is so much going on here today that you do not understand!
But I will tell you where I am coming from
I believe that you should enjoy life. GOD wants you to enjoy life.
I will tell you things that will make you so happy with yourselves and God
You will deny it
But ask your self one question
Would God not want for your children to be raised in a healthy way? For you, yourself, to enjoy life?
“Enjoy!”, God says.
I am telling you the truth and nothing else than conforming to this truth matters.
I stand here today
I am troubled in my heart – about your self-esteem, you self-image, your control over yourself.
God will grant you this control! Amen
*await applause*

3 comments:

  1. Scary - glad that that was a bit too short to really get me started on that ol'-time-religion feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I took the structure from a sermon found on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiration can be found in the most wondrous places...

    ReplyDelete